Saturday, November 22, 2014

A2 and Test 2 ---- Two Waves

Last week was busy. I had several tests and two assignments due during the weekdays including test 2 and assignment 2 for csc165. Thankfully, we started on assignment 2 early this time and finished almost everything days before the assignment due. But when the deadline approached, I couldn't help checking the assignment over and over and kept sending my partners new versions, which must have driven them crazy. LOL.

Then came the test on Wednesday. I didn't prepare at all this time, so I just hoped that I wouldn't make unnecessary mistakes and for those difficult problems---let it go! There were only three proofs on the paper, and all of them were similar to problems on assignment 2. Since I did devote some time to the assignment, I worked out the proofs without much difficulty. Hope minor mistakes can be avoided this time.

One thing made me happy was that the " big-Oh " finally made sense to me! I was totally confused last week and I tried really hard but still didn't know what the instructor's talking about in class. So I downloaded both Larry's and Danny's lecture slides and read through the course notes. And I totally get it now!

2 comments:

  1. Starting assignments early gives you time to understand and think better, and checking assignments over can avoid unnecessary mistakes, they both help a lot! For the "big-oh", I was pretty confused at first, but the TA in my tutorial explained it clearly and I solved it out. Maybe next time if you encounter any difficulties, you can also ask your TA about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure. Actually I found the tutorial most helpful for learning this course.

      Delete