Saturday, November 15, 2014

More on computability

This week we continued on computability and introduced proving by inductions. I still got quite confused during the lectures when we were discussing about the "computability and infinity". But at least some newly introduced concepts like"one to one" and "onto" were taught in MAT223 earlier this  semester, so they look familiar to me. For the section of computability and halting problems, I went through the slides posted on the course website and related pages in course notes. It seemed to make sense, but when I came across a certain problem( Q6 on assignment 3), I still found difficulty solving it.  So I went to office hours on Thursday, and finally understood the whole thing.

For the inductions part, I missed the Friday lecture on it. And I will go to the course website to see if I could understand what I missed. 
Meanwhile I will go to other students' slog to see if someone has post something valuable about it.

2 comments:

  1. I commend you for not giving up, instead doing everything you can to read your notes and seek help when needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this on my friend's slog. What she wrote about induction steps are quite clear, and it really helped me to understand this kind of proofs. http://celinasopiniononcsc165.blogspot.ca/2014/12/week-12-proof-by-induction.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete