Saturday, October 18, 2014

More on Proofs

There were only two lectures this week and we've been talking about proofs in class.

During this week's lectures, I learned that when we are working on a proof, we don't have to know what to write from the beginning to the end at first. Instead, we can write down the assumptions and conclusions first, then go inward until we have to give an explanation on a statement. This method applies to problems from MAT137 as well.

Also, I found proving the contrapositive of a statement quite helpful sometimes, especially when I apply this method to problems in my Linear Algebra course.

The midterm results were announced this week. Though I got a good mark, I'm not satisfied because I made an unnecessary mistake in the paper. Maybe I should keep a record of my past mistakes so that I can do better next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment